In 
 
Order by: 
Available to: 
Price: 
 - 
1
 In 

Past Items  
 
Beautiful Antique Russian Icon Ikoon- Wooden Icon. Measures approx. 31.5 X 24,5 X 1,8 CM.
Authenticity Guaranteed! Antique Late 19th Century Russian Orthodox Icon The Mother Of God of Smolensk Description: A depiction of the Virgin and Child. Indicating the viewer's gaze toward Her Son. Christ is seated on her arm. Clothes ornamented with silver embossed that emulate embroidery. The background is silver, ornamented in the corners; the borders are orange-red and blue-green in the middle, ornamented with yellow pattern. Age/School: The end of 18th Century. Russian South-West Slavonic. Perhaps, Ukranian. Medium: Hand pained with e gg tempera on leaf of genuine silver. Levkas(gesso) on wood panel. Size: height 14 3/4 inches; width 12 1/2 inches[37 x 32 cm] thickness of the panel 3/4 inch[1.75 cm] Condition: Good and s table state of preservation typical for the antique Russian Icon. Two splines on the back side are missing. See ... morephotographs. Iconography: The image represent one of the most famous type of Mother of God. The legend said that it to have come from Byzantium to Russia in the Smolensk Cathedral in 1101; later was taken to Moscow in 1308. The original and a copy were appealed to for the success during the historical Russia's battle against Napoleon near the village of Borodino in 1812. Important provenance: This icon is from the Estate of the Duchess of Caylus. Ludmila Progery( the dynasty of the Duke of Caylus, d 1679) The Duchess was the niece of the Russian artist Alexandre Yevgenyevich Iacovleff(Russian-French, 1887-1938) Good friends and neighbors of the Duchess home in Tuxedo, New York, The Callvery family, were a Distant relatives of Abraham Lincoln. Check out my Thank You!
Many more old icons for sale. look at sellers other items. Mother of God of Tikhvin, Russian icon. Late 19 th century. Tempera on wooden board, size 31 x 27 cm This is one of the most highly venerated Icons of Russia. This icon is one of the famous Russia Hodegetria types. Maria point here fingers to Christ who is the way. Life and truth. It belongs to an iconographic type Hodegetria(Greek- who shows the way" And its characteristic feature is the communication of The Holy Virgin with Infant Christ, and their position, they are turned to each other. According to the Church traditions It was brought from Byzantium to Russia. The appearance of the icon is celebrated on June 26. On the left border two protecting angels. On the right border a monk called Michael and Saint Alexandria. Condition: authentic icon. Provenance: private collection ... moreNetherlands. Every icon is sold with extensive written expertise Every icon is sold with extensive written expertise. The authenticity of every icon is guaranteed. Shipping cost 40 dollar within europe and USA. We prefer wire transfer. If you want to pay with paypall we charge 3% on the totall sum(incl shipping) g6.RcmdId ViewItemDescV4,RlogId p4%60bo7%60jtb9%3Fuk%601d72f%2B%3Eg6%3E-14c0ec43607-0x111-